Tuesday, May 16, 2006

TOOTH 17

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day. After 5 days of pain I have an appointment to the dentist surgeon. I am not sure if he will just make a X-ray or if he will pull it out. I am speaking about one of my WISDOM TEETH ... until yesterday I would have call it the "left bottom wisdom tooth" ... but after yesterday visit I learned that its name is TOOTH 17 ... circled for me (afraid about the fact that he circled also the other 3 WISDOM TEETH, though) by my general dentist ... Doctor SUGAMURA ... which for his origins (i.e. JAPANESE) and my bad memory for the names ... I prefer to call YAMAMOTO ... but I never dared to call him like that in front of him ... just worried that he will use all his TOOLS ... to prove me the JAPANESE superiority ... :X

YAMAMOTO suggested me to ... rinse, every 6 hours, my mouth with warm water and salt ... and for 69c I got IODIZED SALT for the rest of my life. Get some pain killer every 6 hours ... and here I discovered the addicting power of LBUPROFEN ... really good!!! Avoid to chew hard stuff ... i.e. no APPLES, yes ICE CREAM ... and that was a nice surprise. On top of that, my eyes are getting red due to the pain ... so I decided to complete the kit with some EYE DROPS. And there you go ... here a "STILL LIFE" of my desk today ... pretty cute ...

My secret dream is that tomorrow the surgeon won't pull out my beloved tooth ... I mean ... I carried this guy all over the world ... I hope I won't have to leave it here in SEATTLE ... and on top of that if they will cut the gum ... I understood that for 1 week I won't be able to fly ... and next weekend I am planning to fly back to LA for a short visit ... so I am just hoping for a miracle to happen ... Xing my fingers ... and closing my mouth ... :X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he does have to pull it out and it comes out in one piece (doesn't have to be broken), you can probably ask him if you can have it :)

Good luck - you will be fine either way! It will be ok...

Andrea said...

Ale ... I hope you are right ... :O XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */