Monday, May 15, 2006

The QUEER DESSERT

I have to admit it ... I tried hard to have a partner in crime for tonight dinner ... but I miserably failed. The Spaniard colleague decided to study. My English buddy decided to cook (I know what you are thinking ... I told him the same!!!). My Italian friend went to the swimming pool. My Indonesian friend had a class (watercolor painting ... he says it is the perfect environment to pick up new girlfriends ... and so far he failed miserably). After this endless string of failures ... I decided to go to dinner alone ... which is something that happens to me pretty often since I am always traveling in new places.

I headed to CAPITOL HILL ... QUEER area in SEATTLE ... which is simply LOVELY ... and it is probably the only area where there is a high concentration of nice bars and restaurants open after 8PM.

The dinner was simply perfect ... I had a SINGHA BEER (I fell in love with this beer during my 2004 THAI + CAMBODIA trip) and a seafood rice noodle soup (PHO) in a very inexpensive and authentic VIETNAMESE restaurant ... and I had also time to take some pictures ... here one of them ...

... the view is on BROADWAY Ave.

I didn't get any dessert at the VIETNAMES restaurant ... I decided to go for a STRAWBERRY SHAKE at DICK'S FAST FOOD ... but the fate ... made me meet my daily queer sweet fan ... which is again something that happens to me any now and then.

So. I am walking on the curb of BROADWAY Ave and almost at the intersection with OLIVE ... this young guy calls me. I am looking to him very rapidly and I say something like ... "no, thanks". I have to admit that I thought he was begging some change. When I meet people asking for change I am trying to give them some money ... generally the coins I have in my pocket ... and when I don't have any ... I give them $1 bill. Tonight when I saw this guy I decided that I didn't want to give him money. Don't ask me why. There was no special reason. I guess it is in the rights that wealthy people shouldn't have ... should be a duty to give money to people who need them ... anyways ... that's an other story I guess.

Coming back to the original story. This guy follows me and in a very polite way is asking me why I didn't even look at him. So I look at him. He is probably dressed better than me ... or at least his shirt has been ironed better than mine. He looks at me and he says something like "I didn't stop you for money. I have money. Look here". He pulls out his wallet and he shows me $20 bills to fill the empty tank of a HUMMER H1. I don't know what to say. He smiles. "Do you know why I stopped you?". I guess I got it now. I don't want to answer. "I stopped you because I like you". There you go. Now is getting interesting. What I am supposed to say? "Thank you, but I have to go". "Really. Look at you. You are really handsome". I guess at this point I felt a kind of uncomfortable, but also a little bit proud of the compliment ... at the same time ... I decided that I am still straight ... so no way! "What's your name?" OK ... now I feel like I am in trouble. My name is ANDREA ... which is a male name back in ITALY ... not here in US, though. I am going to tell him, so he thinks that it is my queer name? You know what? Who cares? "Andrea. My name is Andrea". Now the smartest move. "Andrea, today is my birthday. Do you want to make me a gift?". I start smiling. Almost laughing. This is funny. I should use this question next time I meet a girl!?. But ... back to my problem ... how can I get out of this? "Really you are really sexy in this black shirt". I have to let him understand I am not for him. "You know what? I would like that my girlfriend will tell me something like this ...". "Mmmm ... aren't you gay?".Thanks G-D he asked me ... "No, I am not ...". "Are you sure?". "Mmmm ... a kinda ...". "What a pity. You are really sexy". The light turns green and I am ready to leave. He grabs my hand. "At least give me a hug for my birthday". I gave him a hug. I guess was the funniest hug I ever gave in my life. I am walking away and I feel special. Even if in my entire life I don't think I will ever like a guy ... I have to admit that ... feel that an other person likes you and can stop you in the middle of the street to tell you that ... even if is a queer and you are not ... makes your day ... or at least made my evening ... and you know what? ... I forgot to get my STRAWBERRY SHAKE ... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's nice - see maybe you should believe all the complements you get - they are true after all - no matter who they come from - more proof!

Andrea said...

Embarrassed ... :O XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */