Thursday, May 25, 2006

ALMOST $2,000 STORY

This is what happened to me today at lunch. It is a story on how I amost made $2,000 out of $20 buying a BURRITO ... and eventually lost $1 ... and it is not about a POKER game ...

So, the story goes like this ... today I went with some colleagues to BAJA FRESH, a MEXICAN restaurant chain ... in REDMOND, WA (where I am working in this period). At the counter I couldn't decide what to order and I start asking to MARIAM, the girl at the counter, what she would recommend me ... she recognize my foreign accent but she thought I was MEXICAN ... I told here I am ITALIAN ... but I can speak a little bit of SPANISH ... so we start speaking in SPANISH ... I told her about my December trip to MEXICO ... and I found out she is from GUADALAJARA ... where I spent my first days of the trip ... it was a nice and passionate conversation. I ordered my BURRITO and I gave her the $20 that T**N gave me last night ($20 STORY post) ... which I now believe had SUPER POWERS.

When I went to the table ... waiting for the call for my food ... I realized that MARIAM counted on the receipt for $2,000 ... and she was supposed to give me $1,993.66 ... we laughed with my colleagues about it ... an especially when we realized that out of nothing ... I made $20 last night ... and today almost $2,000 ... :o

My friends asked me if she really didn't gave the change for $2,000 ... so I put my hand in my jeans pocket and I counted the money ... what I found out ... is that MARYAM instead of giving me the right $13.66 change ... gave me only $12.66 change ... so I realized that I almost made $2,000 but basically I lost $1 ... :D ... one of my colleague suggested me to go back and ask for the $1 ... but I didn't do that ... I think she well deserved it ... this time a girl had fun of me ... :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Want to go to Vegas? You can be my good luck charm :)

(yes, I know you aren't fond of Vegas or gambling...but maybe you might be changing your mind with the last two days!)

But then again you are always lucky!

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */