Saturday, May 06, 2006

LOVING SEATTLE

So. This is the SEATTLE SKYLINE ... and on left you can see ... very tiny ... one of the symbols of the city ... the SPACE NEEDLE ...

... and the cool thing is that you don't even need to go in a ship to see it like this ... it is enough to drive to WEST SEATTLE and either while you are relaxing in a bar, having a meal in a restaurant or just seating with a friend on a bench in the park ... you can enjoy it ...

But the relaxing and quite skyline is a kind of deceptive (*) of the real SEATTLE SOUL ... on the other side are packed all the reasons why I love this city ... and why you could easily love it as well ... there are pieces of art in the street ...

... and street musicians ... and some of them have also political ideas which I kind of like ...

... and all of them seem to attract CABS from all over the city ...

... or you can go to the PIKE MARKET ... which is one of main attractions of the city ...

... but it is not just a tourist magnet ... it is really cool ... when I go there I completely forget that I am in US ... I really feel in a normal country ... in a country without chain restaurants, fast food, 99cents burgers, frozen pizza, canned ravioli and without all the other food related nonsense that make US so unhuman sometimes ...



... and don't forget that SEATTLE is the US capital of coffee .. which is, fortunately, not only STARBUCKS ... here we were in a tiny coffee shop ... no chain ... no big name ... just a simple family coffee shop ... of artists ...

... and I am sure that when you will come up here to visit it ... at the end of the day ... you will be just as happy as I was today ...

... if you have the chance come to visit it ... and if you need a place to sleep and/or a tour guide ... I will be more than happy to help you ... :o

__

(*) Thanks to D. for teaching me the word of the day ... and of course for the wonderful day in SEATTLE

1 comment:

sMhyla said...

i think i have seen that coffee art on Flickr.com. i posted one of their pics on my blog once. have you checked out Flickr.com yet?

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */