Wednesday, May 10, 2006

ATLANTA

So, I am in ATLANTA, Georgia. South of the United States. Very different from LA and SEATTLE. Today had been a day full of red eyes, meeting, rain and beers ... no time for meaningful pictures ... but I have already been here several times and it is always good to be back ... met colleagues I didn't see very often.

I guess you are curious what can you do in ATLANTA ... mmmm ... at a first glance you would say not much ... and I am not sure if you like to move here to live ... but ... there is actually something to see also down here ... and there are also a lot of areas where you can have fun.

ATLANTA is the hometown of MARTIN LUTHER KING ... so there is his birth place, the baptist church where he was preaching, his burial place and a museum dedicated to him ...

... and after you visit the museum, you realize what a wonderful and true pacifist he was ... my visit was really enlightening.

ATLANTA has also an interesting, but tiny, downtown with an underground city with shops and restaurants ... and of course there are the headquarters of CNN and COCA COLA ... which I didn't visited ... :D

If you will come in this part of the world ... I suggest you to go to ATHENS, GA ... the hometown of the rock band REM ... and college town ... where apparently the alcoholic problem is not as small as I expected ... this is a poster I saw in a resturant ...

... but ATHENS, GA is also the hometown of the COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM of the GEORGIA BULLDOG ... and you can find lots of their mascots, the BULLDOG, in the ATHENS curbs ...

... of course ATLANTA and GEORGIA are not only this ... but if you want to visit it don't come here in SUMMER ... way to humid for anybody who wasn't born and raised here ... :o

4 comments:

sMhyla said...

next time, you should be in the picture while petting the pit bull. ha ha.

sMhyla said...

i may write every day, but i don't read that often. wow, you suffer from blogaholicism worse than me!! well, i posted a bunch of comments, so i hope you see all of them. i can't believe you just started last month!

Andrea said...

Mmmmm ... actually it is a BULLDOG ... very different from a PITBULL ... BULLDOG is as good as a cat ... you don't want to pet a PITBULL. In ATHENS I was alone .. nobody to take pictures of me ... :( XA

Andrea said...

Blogaholicism!? Yep ... 120% ... I don't even eatch anymore NETFILIX for the BLOG ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */