Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SUN in SEATTLE

Weekend is over and I am back to the road. This time the destination is SEATTLE, WA. I lived here for 4 months back in 2003 and ... even if I am not sure if I would like to live here again ... I am simply in love with this city ... probably because it has been the first city where I lived in US and every time I am visiting it reminds me the mix of fears and excitements of the my first days here in US. I think I grew up a lot in the last 3 years that I spent here in this country ... some of my friends back in Italy like to have fun of me telling me that I am a lost case and that I am an "American" ... which is not exactly a compliment back in Europe ... :o ... I am not sure if they right or wrong ... for sure during these 3 years I didn't learn how to avoid overweight in the luggage ... this morning I hit 56 pounds on the ALASKA AIRLINES SCALE ...

... but I avoided the $25 surcharge ... basically because of pure luck.

On top of that even if I got to the LAX more than 1 hour before the flight departure I almost missed my flight ... but it was worthwhile ... I met a new lovely fellow traveller and we went together to drink a STARBUCKS COFFEE ... and in front of a warm coffee I found myself lost speaking about past trip and future trips ... and how nice it is to travel and see new places and meet new people and ... I had to rush to the plane ... and I was exactly the last passenger to board ... :D

SEATTLE welcomed us with a stunning warm sunny day ... I couldn't expect anything better by a city which is famous for its never ending rainy days ... here a picture while our airplane is approaching the SEATTLE airport ...

... I am really happy to be here ... and hopefully the weather will continue to be nice and sunny ... :o

4 comments:

Andrea said...

How long am I going to stay here? I think I will leave when the CIA will catch Osama Bin Laden alive ... Tomorrow!? In 1 year!? Never!? No clue ... :) Just to give you an idea ... yesterday I was told that on Thursday I will have to go to the SAN FRANCISCO area for a meeting ... :(

You right about the weather ...

XA

Anonymous said...

good you arrived and your luggage made it too and that you made a new friend! Enjoy! The sun is still hiding...

sMhyla said...

i have been traveling so much, that i missed your return to hermosa beach. well, it looked like you had alot of fun. seattle is nice. i've been there one weekend 6 years ago.

you are truly a blogaholic. it takes one to know one. good job on the blog, nicely done. time to learn a few tools to decorate your blog...

Andrea said...

I will probably be back in 3 weeks ... and we are planning a BBQ in our place for a couple of incoming birthdays ... you guys are invited ... let's see if 2 bloggers can also have a normal chat or if they need a blog to communicate to each other ... :)

BLOGHOLIC? 120% ... :) Not sure, though, if I want to add stuff to the blog ... I like the black simple style ... but I will ask you some advice ...

A

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */