Wednesday, May 17, 2006

THE ITALIAN JOB

Today's dentist visit was much better than expected... and the most interesting part of the visit was the XRAY picture of my mouth ... it was done with a composition of several pictures ... basically a PANORAMIC COMPOSITION. The single pictures had been done with a XRAY CAMERA rotating around my head. I asked if they had the digital picture for my blog ... but they didn't ... 'cause everything was analog ... so I had to take myself a picture of the XRAY image ...

Dr. RICE and my comments out of this PANORAMIC VIEW were something like:

1. You don't have the upper WISDOM TEETH ... (YEAAHHH!) 2. The bottom ones are growing straight ... (GREAT!) 3. The two WISDOM TEETH are slightly touching the nerve, so no big risks of complications ... (THANKS G-D!) 4. I really want to remove your two WISDOM TEETH ... (AAAAHHHH!) 5. I will have to make you sleep for 30 minutes ... (MMMMM!) 6. Overall cost of the visit / XRAY / surgery is $1,077 ... (Good that 80% is on the insurance!)

... and here some other comments from PAUL, my British tooth troubled (*) colleague, and my answers ...

7. Your WISDOM TEETH are really perfect, don't remove them ... (AGREED!) 8. You lucky ... you teeth are really good and you got only 2 cavities ... (YEP LUCKY!) 9. What is that SINGLE FILLING covering 2 teeth ... looks like a bridge ... is that an ITALIAN JOB!?! ... (I guess so ... I did it in Italy ... but the 2 dimensional picture is missleading ... it is a good job ... :D) 10. Go to clean up that TARTAR ... (YOU RIGHT, already fix the appointment with Dr. Yamamoto!)

So basically this XRAY picture demonstrated what I kinda of knew already ... I have actually more wisdom in the bottom part of my my body than in the upper part ... :O ... and because I am the perfect procrastinator my take out of these 10 PIECES of WISDOM is ... forget about removing them for now ... tomorrow night I am flying to LA and I am going to surf for 3 days ... if it will hurt again I will take more LBUPROFEN ... :O

__

(*) Thanks Paul for correcting the wrong "english teeth troubled" spelling to the correct "british tooth troubled" ... even if to me still "teeth troubled" makes more sense ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great that they are growing pretty straight! Cool picture too!

Nice Teeth!

Andrea said...

You right Ale... actually this confirms my old theory that ... WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT ... XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */