Tuesday, May 02, 2006

CLIFF is 91

When you are a kid you DREAM without knowing that you are dreaming. And when you are a kid in Italy you dream to continue to play soccer for the entire your life. Everybody wants to do that, but not everybody can do it. The first DISILLUSION. During the 3rd grade, after I spent years as goal keeper (e.g. nobody wants to do that), I understood that the career of soccer player wasn't for me. So in my DREAMS I decided to become an airplane pilot (when you became adult you learn to call this PLAN B, I guess). And here the second DISILLUSION. During the 6th grade I wasn't able to see what the teacher was writing on the blackboard ... DRAMA ... I needed glasses! And when my buddy told me that you can't pilot airplanes with glasses ... I understood that also the pilot career wasn't for me. So I decided to start studying more seriously and try to get one of the other boring jobs available ... and I ended up becoming an engineer ... but I never stop dreaming ... :D

Nowadays I rarely play soccer ... I fly a lot ... but I never piloted an airplane. Of course that is still a dream ... and today I understood that it is never too late ... I can seriously fdo it ... look at this guy (*) ...

... CLIFF, this is his name, got his pilot certificate at 91 and yesterday he did his first SOLO FLIGHT ... isn't that amazing!? Funny also his answer (i.e. "I am just doing my things") to the journalist when he has been asked if people should look at him as a model ...

Again it pops into my mind ANDREA's sentence "you will get old when you will start thinking that you can't do anymore certain things" ... mmmm ... if I will end up living again here in SEATTLE, WA ... I need to look for a pilot course ... I mean ... if I learned to SURF in CALIFORNIA I can learn to FLY in SEATTLE ... after all this is the city of BOEING ... :D

__

(*) Credit for the article goes to THE SEATTLE TIMES newspaper.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */