Sunday, May 07, 2006

FREMONT, CENTER of the UNIVERSE

Yes. Today I have been in FREMONT, the artists' SEATTLE neighbourhood ... auto proclaimed CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE ...

... and I guess that if nobody so far tried to rip this title to FREMONT ... needs to be true ... so ... today I a have been in the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!

If you need directions you can either get a map of SEATTLE and easily spot it from there or you can use this sign ...

... according to it ... wherever you are (e.g. location indicated are ... MILKY WAY, NORTH POLE, ATLANTIS, MACHU PICCHU, BERMUDA TRIANGLE, LOUVRE) ... you can find your way to here.

I guess you are curious to know what you can do in the center of the universe, don't you!? OK. You can go under the freeway 99 and check out if the the TROLL with a VW BEATLE under its left hand is still there ...

... this morning was still there. Or you can check if the LENIN statue, brought here after the fall of the USSR, is still there or not ...

... I suggest you to get a sweatshirt like mine (if you can't read it ... it says CUBA) ... you will feel somewhere between MOSCOW and HAVANA ... not in US ... but you are actually in US ... I mean not exactly in US ... in SEATTLE ... :o

Of course the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE is equipped with a ROCKET ... you know ... in case a SOS from the outer space will reach it ... FREMONT folks will be able to help out ...

... and with these mufflers ... and some good coffee in the tanks ... I am sure they can easily get anywhere they want ...

... and if you want to know how a rocket ended up here ... you can read the real story ...

... absolutely hilarious ... :D

Now ... if you are not happy yet and you love architecture (like I do) ... you can enjoy the crazy local architecture ...

... and if you are lucky enough to visit FREMONT during a sunny Sunday like it was today ... you can visit the SUNDAY FLEA MARKET ... and use a mirror to take a selfportrait like I did ...

... mmmm ... actually only half selfportrait ... but I simply love it anyway ... :o

After a day like this I can't really believe but FREMONT is in US ... but it is ... isn't that simply great!? I hope you will have the chance one day to visit this crazy CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE ... :o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really cool pictures - esp like the troll! maybe someday i will have to see it.

Andrea said...

Yep ... the TROLL is something different ... my favorite piece is the rocket and its story ... :) XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */