Saturday, May 27, 2006

SPEECH IMPEDIMENT

So, today is the 1st day of my ROCKIE MOUNTAINS TRIP ... I drove through three states ... (i.e. Washington, Idaho and Montana) ... and in all of them I found a mix of rain and sun ... mostly rain, though ... almost 500miles drive in 7 hours and of course a lot of gas ... but it was definitely worthwhile ... I saw wonderful and diverse landscapes ... because of the rain I didn't take many pictures ... here the only decent one I manage to take ...

... I ended up my trip in MISSOULA, MT. According to the USA ROUGH GUIDE is "one of the most vibrant and friendly small town in the country" ... I didn't see many small towns here in US ... but trusting the guide ... I decided to hang out here and sleep here tonight. Now I am in the LIQUID PLANET COFFEE SHOP ... really cool and with free Wi-Fi for the customers. Before this I went to dinner to the IRON HORSE BREW PUB ... this is the sign I found in the parking lot ... ... and I have to say that these guys know their customers ... so, I seat at the bar ... and after 5 minutes a girl seats beside me ... she is a kinda of cute but she looks and sounds way too drunk ... I am watching the EAST COAST NBA FINAL on the screen and I am drinking my HEFEWEIZEN beer ... and I don't bother her ... after a while she grabs her chair and she gets closer ... she asks my name ... and here the funny part ... she doesn't understand what I am saying ... she starts asking if I am RUSSIAN ... I tell her that I am ITALIAN and my name is ANDREA. Her name is TINA. She is a journalist and a musician ... she has a Master in ENGLISH and her IQ is 160 ... and again she doesn't understand at all my accent. I can't really complain ... I don't even know my IQ ... so what's the point to discuss with a DRUNK GIRL with 160ish IQ!? No point!? At a certain point she claims that I have a serious SPEECH IMPEDIMENT ... which reminds me the first scene of PULP FICTION ... I start laughing and of course she thinks I am having fun of her. I order a soup and a salad and she decides to get a part of the salad ... but after a bite she starts cursing me that she hates GREEN SALAD ... and she asks if I am stupid ... and why I did force her to eat it ... :O ... I decide to teas her and I try to explain her that she didn't put enough dressing ... she stops me in less than 2 seconds ... and with WIDE OPEN EYES ... she tells me that she doesn't understand a sh*t of what I am saying and that I need to go to a doctor to get checked my SPEECH IMPEDIMENT ... I laugh again and again she asks me why I am having fun of her. The conversation continues with funny exchanges of misunderstandings. I finish my salad, my 2nd beer and after a chat with the bartender I decide to take off ... at this point she grabs my arm and she asks me to hang out with her tonight. I smile and I am tell her that I am headed to a COFFEE SHOP ... and a VERY STRONG COFFEE is exactly what she needs as well. Again she doesn't understand ... I am out of the PUB with my SPEECH IMPEDIMENT and in a while I find the LIQUID PLANET COFFEE SHOP ... I guess she is still in her ALCOHOLIC LIQUID PLANET ... :O

And now ... I have to find a place to sleep ... tomorrow I have 200 miles drive to the GLACIER NP ... apparently up there tonight will snow ... and some of the roads will be closed ... I hope not too many ... Xing my fingers ... :X

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun & interesting adventures already!

sMhyla said...

1) you may want to blur the license plate number, since it's traceable.

2) funny sign.

Andrea said...

Yep ... after the speeding ticket I got ... better I remove it ... :O XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */