Friday, May 19, 2006

SEA-LAX

An other passage on the route SEA-LAX for me ... today I left SEATTLE and I flew back to LA. I took FRIDAY OFF and because I really want to enjoy 3 full days of vacation at home in HERMOSA.

I love flying ... and this trip has been as beautiful as many other I had ... I had been assigned to the seat 7F ... which means window seat facing WEST ... which is always good at sunset ... but before that ... I saw my first FLYING SALMON ... designed by ALASKA AIRLINES ... really well done ...

During the flight I watched to one of these endless spectacular sunsets that you can see on from airplanes ... and this one was particularly good ... as soon as we took off we saw this gorgeous sunset over the PUGET SOUND ...

... and after that ... this nice feeling of going through the red clouds illuminated by the sunset ...

... and here the strange feeling to be above the sunset ... with the clouds below us filtering and reshaping the sunset ...

... and finally the last tale of the daily sun ...

I enjoy also the rest of the flight ... I went in the bottom of the plane to stretch my legs and I ended up knowing two flight attendant ... Ether and Carol ... both living in ANCHORAGE, ALASKA ... I told them about my plan to visit ALASKA and they gave me a bottle of ALASKAN BEER for free and plenty of advices ... I understood that better I take at least 2 weeks off and a lot of mosquito repellent ... but a part of this side effect of the Alaskan summer ... seems that I can have a very good time there ... between glaciers, wild life, hiking, 20h/day light and more Alaskan beer ... :O

The trip ended at LAX ... and I was really happy to see the familiar sign welcoming me home ...

... and the ceramic corridors of the airport that are reminding me either of an hospital or the initial scene of THE GRADUATE ...

... but here I am ... back home ... 3 days full of relax and good time for me ... :O

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sunset pictures are crooked ...

Andrea said...

Most likely you are right ... but ... only the first look a kind of crooked ... but I am not sure if they really are ... isn't the partial (one half of the picture) mountain chain that creates that effect!? A

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice the pictures were crooked at all - I was more caught up in the beauty of the sunset. My actual first thought was: "Wow, Andrea's camera really takes really nice pictures!" (But of course - that is due to the person actually aiming the camera!)
Nice pictures AGAIN!!!!!

I am excited for you to go to Alaska! You will have a blast! You will get to see whales up close, the Aurora Borealis and have all kinds of amazing adventures! xj

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */