Friday, May 05, 2006

IT IS SO GAY

Tonight as soon as I landed in SEATTLE I gave a call to a friend and we decided to go to dinner together. He lives in SEATTLE so he picked up the place. Appointment is on the corner of OLIVE and BROADWAY, east of the I-5 and downtown.

I get there 5 minute before him. The area is nice. I have never been here before. It is full of nice restaurants and bars. There is a lot of people around. Young people. I am sure it will be fun tonight. I am happy I didn't go directly to the hotel. After a couple of blocks we see a nice restaurant. We decide to go for that. In the meantime we call an other friend, he will join us later.

While I am ordering dinner I notice in the list of the cocktails that the last one has a funny name ... "IT IS SO GAY" ... we laugh about it. But when our friend A. joins us we understand that the name of the cocktails is not just a coincidence. Apparently BROADWAY is the GAY area in SEATTLE ... now things make much more sense. And it makes even more sense when in the restaurant some of the guys are making a dry run of a show that probably will go on stage in the weekend ...



... this is definitely ... so gay :D

We decide to have a photographic memory of the evening and we take a picture outside the restaurant ... trying to resemble a gay couple ... which is actually something that, according to my friends, I can do easily ... even without much effort ... but again ... just to be clear ... even if sometimes I look, I am not ... :o

Walking towards the car parked few blocks away I notice the NEON SIGN of the BURGER place on BROADWAY ...

... and I wonder if it has a double meaning ... probably yes ... :o

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma รจ l'Alfiere!!!

Anonymous said...

.....what???

Andrea said...

Yes is the "ALFIERE" (BISHOP in the game of chess) the friend in the picture ... that is his nickname ... :) XA

Anonymous said...

Gay adventures now ?
Well, I do not know what to say... definitely things have changed in your life Andrea...
I remember telling Sima that Andrea has explained that his name is a typical Italian name and I am sure I have nothing to be worried about...
So, what next ? a permanent assignment in San Francisco ?

Anyways, no matter what we will always love you Andrea (in the right sense of the word)

;-)

Andrea said...

Love you too ... :D Today is CINCO DE MAYO ... let's see if I a manage to stay away from troubles or not ... :D XA

Anonymous said...

Ciao tutti ! Well, whoever is not sure about Andrea's preferences : I can confirm that he is "from the right side of the river" (as we say in German) - even though he "convinced" three of us to visit San Fran on St. Chris Street Day back in 2003, staying overnight directly in the center of the rainbow area and with his bold head perfectly fitting in the sceene - he did not pull a move either on us (thanks God !!) or on one of the other shaved ones .... ; )

(ok, leaving LA none of us was aware that is was gay day that weekend...but it fits so much better in the story...hehehe)

Greetings from Germany : )

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */