Friday, May 05, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO RUSH

The day in SAN FRANCISCO was fast, but nice. RUSH out of the bed, after ignoring the alarm clock for half hour. RUSH to iron my "elegant trousers" for today's meeting, after I avoided to do it last night. RUSH to the car. But at the second traffic light out of the hotel ... the first smile ... I met an old friend ... a streetcar from MILAN, ITALY ...

... not only an OLD FRIEND ... it is also a FELLOW TRAVELLER ... after years spent in MILAN ... he relocated to the WEST COAST ... a kinda of what I did myself.

I was in a RUSH to get out of the city ... but, of course, it took me more than expected to get on the BAY BRIDGE ... and believe me ... it is kinda funny and frustrating to see this huge structure from everywhere ... and not being able to jump on it ... :o ... but after some attempts from the SOUTH side ...

... and a couple from the NORTH side ...

... I managed to get on it ... and I left the city ... probably too much RUSH for nothing ... since I got to the customer office 2 hours before the meeting started. But that's OK, I guess ... I was here only for the meeting ... being late would have been unforgivable ... and difficult to explain to my boss ... :D

Meeting went OK. It was an easy meeting, though. Got a bucket of compliments from the Account Manager. On this ... my dilemma is that ... I can't understand anymore if they are giving me compliments only because they want them back or because they really think I am doing something good ... one day I will have to ask them ... curious to hear their answer ... :o

An other RUSH to the OAKLAND airport ... and BANG ... after 2 beers drunk in 5 minutes ... I am on the flight headed to SEATTLE ... the final goodbye to the BAY AREA is from the air ... I am lucky enough to have a window seat. Here a very very distant picture of the GOLDEN GATE ...

... who knows if the OLD MAN that I met last night managed to WALK it!? I hope he did ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...mmmmm .... so you wear elegant trousers ...not only wet suit??? .... :)

...the only time I saw you in elegant suit was the day of your degree !?!?!?...

bye bye SB ....

Andrea said...

You know ... 99% of the time I am wearing JEANS ... but for customer meetings I prefer something more elegant ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */