Sunday, April 30, 2006

SELF PORTRAITS

This has been the SELF PORTRAIT WEEKEND for me ... probably the need to prove to myself that I was really back home ... :)

After the one with my wetsuit I posted yesterday here an other couple of them. They are very different to each other. The first one is with my beloved SURF BOARD in front of my place in HERMOSA this morning after a 2 hours of perfect surfing ...

... the waves were small but "surfable" and in the water I met a couple of surfer friends ... and the dolphins came to visit me ... a group of 4 / 5 dolphins swam around me and that made me feel so special and so lucky to be there.

The second one is totally NOIR ART ... it has been taken in one of the few places that make me feel sick ... in front of the sink of a public restroom (this one is in the SANTA MONICA, CA PIER) ... the mirror itself is not even glass ... it is a thin slice of stainless steel ...

... but I still prefer the second one to the first ... it looks to me more real ... and probably not even the second one is so real ... if you think that in the world there are still millions and millions of people who don't have access to running clean water ... probably what make me feel sick is only a dream for millions ... strange to think, but it is true.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */