Wednesday, April 26, 2006

PERSPECTIVE

Nite drive can be pretty boring ... tonite while I was driving home from BALTIMORE I took this picture ...

... and I really like it. What I really like abut it is that I can see details and appreciate colors I wouldn't be able to see with my eyes ... a picture can really give you a different perspective on the reality ... not a fake image though ... just a different point of view ...

And it doesn't happen only with pictures ...

Today I did my final presentation to the customer of the WABADA (WAshington BAltimore DramA) project ... RICCARDO and I worked on this project for the last 5 weeks ... the final results were not as good as expected ... and we will have a second round of it ... but what I realized today, once again, is that the presentation skills are soooo important in our work ... you can work like a dog and present your results in such way that you won't grab the attention of the audience and ultimately ... you can really ruin everything. Today our customer simply loved an analysis we did because it was presented in a nice way ... here a slide as example(*) ...

... I mean it is nothing dramatic ... but it is neat, logic, and it gives an idea that you have something there ... I mean ... you need to have technical arguments to justify the findings ... but at the same time you need also to present in the right way.

I think I have a kind of a skill to present stuff ... I still remember what MARKUS, a former Austrian boss and mentor, told me once back in Israel ... "50% of our work is to make things work and 50% is to convince the customer of the effort and the added value of what we have done" ... I still believe it is true ... not just a picture but take an interesting picture ...

__

(*) Of course for sake of CONFIDENTAILITY I removed the name of the indicators and other confidential info from the slide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

Liked the way you have defined the best way for presenting results to the customer. True, you need to get to results first but not less important is to present it in an interesting manner. That is what I currently try to do :-)
I remember your presentations back in Israel and you knew how to present things in an interesting way... well, I remember only when I did not sleep during your presentations, he he he ;-)

/Ronen

Andrea said...

Unfortunately not only you fall asleep ... :o ... I still remember Carine in Haifa sleeping for almost 3 days in arow ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */