Sunday, April 16, 2006

SOMETHING DOWN THERE

Today I decided to visit the hidden spots of SOUTHERN MARYLAND ... I checked my ROUGH GUIDE and I planned to go to SALOMON'S ISLAND, ST. MARY'S CITY and POINT LOOKOUT ...

... when I passed through WASHINGTON DC I lost 3 times my way ... I learned that isn't simple to check 2 maps, the street signs ... and at the same time speak on the phone without headset for EASTER GREETINGS ... :o

SALOMON'S ISLAND was my first TARGET ... funny enough I found out that, depiste its name, it is not an island ... it is just a peninsula ... it is a small pretty harbor city ... when I found out that all (two) the coffee shops in town are going to open only in 1 week, on April 21st (don't ask me why ... :o) ... I took the picture of the local church ...

... you know in case my granny will ask me if I went to church for EASTER ... :) ... a picture of the PUPPY MAGAZINE IDEA OF THE YEAR ...

... and I headed my car towards the first gas station ... and I finally had that coffee I was craving for ... :D

Next stop was ST. MARY'S CITY ... interesting enough ... this small college town was used to be the capital of Maryland. The first settlers got here back in 1634 with a couple of tiny ships ... the MARYLAND DOVE and the ARK ... this is full the scale replica of the MARYLAND DOVE ...

... but from what I spotted outside the old STATE HOUSE ...

... the civil rights weren't yet part of the American culture ... not sure if they are now either ... but that's an other story, I guess ... :o

While I was on in ST. MARY'S CITY I was on the phone with BRIAN and NATAF a couple of friends I met in ISRAEL and that now are living in DALLAS, TX ... 'cause they were complaining that there are not enough pictures of me in the BLOG ... I decided to make them happy w/ a self-timer picture ... the first one didn't work out as expected ...

... but the second one did its work ...

... not sure which is the one that I prefer, though ... :O

The city is interesting but ... after half hour I decided to go to my last target ... POINT OUTLOOK ... the southern point of the MARYLAND PENINSULA ... on my way I was thinking that exactly 1 year ago I was traveling in SOUTH AFRICA ... and how much i loved CAPE OF GOOD HOPE ... I was dreaming of something similar ... you know ... a lighthouse on the rock overlooking the Ocean ... dreams not always come true ... this is a case ... this is, in fact, what I found in POINT LOOKOUT ...

... a NAVY station with a RADAR on a flat point ... :O ... mmm ... there is a reason why CAPE OF GOOD HOPE is more famous than POINT LOOKOUT, I guess ... :O

Yep ... there is something down there ... but probably you can easily skip it ... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pants! haven't seen you in a while but you still look good!

are you going to miss the WABA area? all of the pictures you have taken make it look very nice...

Andrea said...

Miss WABADA? Yes ... like the MILAN FOG ... :) XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */