Saturday, April 29, 2006

HAPPY TO BE BACK HOME!

So ... here I am in the beloved PORCH of my house in HERMOSA BEACH to write this post. LEIF is here with me ... but looks a kid of wasted ... he is trying to finish the last TECATE beer of day just pulled out of the fridge ...

... but is basically falling asleep every sip he takes. JASON already hit the sack ... tomorrow morning we are planning to go surfing together even if the waves are really small ...

Today has been a great day for me ... after 7 weeks (!) I am finally back home ... and I am HAPPY ... I loved being in ATLANTA and in WASHINGTON-BALTIMORE ... but there is nothing like HOME ... and for me HOME is HERMOSA BEACH, CA!

Fortunately for me I didn't spend all day on the porch. So ... let's go back to this morning. I got to the LAX airport around 10AM after almost 6 hours flight from BWI ... and as soon as I stepped out of the terminal and I saw the line of TAXI ...

... I felt at home ... a fast ride with the TAXI and I got to my real home ... still there as simple and nice as remember it ... the only "new entry" was this empty beer keg in front of the main entrance ...

... probably from last weekend BBQ ... well done JASON and LEIF ... :) ... I used my room to unpack thee luggage, packed just few hours ago in BALTIMORE ...

... but the real challenge of the day has been to check the MAILS that LEIF has collected for me in last 7 weeks ...

... :) I managed also to go to the BANK OF AMERICA to pick up my new check books, to the barber, to lunch to "LOS MUCHACHOS" my favorite MEXICAN RESTAURANT ... when you will come here to visit remind me to bring you there ... and of course I went to HERMOSA BEACH 2nd Street to check the waves ... aaaaahhhhh ... they are still there ... tiny waves ... but I love them ...

... thank G-D I didn't gain much weight and the wetsuit still fits me ... better I take a picture to prove it ...

... WAX the board ... RUN down to 2nd street ... and SPLASH ... I am in back to the water ... not as cold as last time I did surf back in March ... and you know what!? Surf was actually pretty good today ... I mean the waves were small but that doesn't matter I just wanted to see if I am still able to stand up on the board.

After surfing was sooooo nice to meet again JASON and LEIF ... who got home from work ... we had some pizza, watched a couple of NBA PLAYOFF games ... and we headed to the PITCHER HOUSE to close the day ... some good beer ... some game to the SHUFFLE BOARD ...

... and FOOSBALL, of course ...
... really a great nite after a perfect and simple day full of the things that I love the most ... I am really happy to be back home ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */