Tuesday, April 11, 2006

LEE, A RISING POP STAR

Tonight was definitely my lucky night ... after DOROTHY from WIZARD OF OZ I met a RISING MUSIC POP STAR ... his name is LEE and he was playing cover songs in the POTBELLY(TM) restaurant while I was having my dinner ... the setup of the stage in the restaurant is a kind of curious ... it is on top of a couple of tables and can be reached only with a ladder ... a very cute idea ... unless you invite a hard rock band ... in that case I guess ... you will have troubles ... :)
LEE played really well, only with an acoustic guitar, a interesting selection of pop songs ... really the perfect background for an happy dinner ... I really enjoyed it.

While he was playing I took some picture and I clapped at the end of each song I liked (all of them actually) ... so at the end of the show, laughing, he asked me if I was a talent scout... unfortunately for him I am not but ... most important ... after that we had a very long and interesting chat ... he is a traveller ... he told me about his trips to Europe and how much he loved Tuscany in Italy ... I told him my challenges to really know American people (sometimes it so difficult to go beyond the How are you - Fine thanks) ... and we laughed about it ...

He gave me also some good tip for live music ANNAPOLIS, MD ... mmmm ... actually I can't find anymore the paper where he wrote ... I think I will have to send him an email ...

We exchanged also a couple of book suggestions ... he was interested about my experience in Israel and about the middle east conflict so I suggested him to read the book RIGHTEOUS VICTIMS: A HISTORY OF THE ZIONIST-ARAB CONFLICT, 1881-2001 by Benny Morris (if anyone reading wants to have a non biased perspective of that conflict ... this is your book!) and he suggested me DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA by Alexis de Tocqueville ... sounded interesting ... I will try to read it ... when I will be done with the 2 book I have in my bag ... :)

I hope to meet him again and to enjoy both his music and ideas ...
__

PS LEE's email is LEETGOLDSMITH@COMCAST.NET (you can read it painted on his guitar case) ... so if you want to test him for an audition just give him a shout ... I am sure he won't let you down ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */