Wednesday, April 19, 2006

PREVENTION

TODAY I AM SICK. Since yesterday I feel really bad. I have a kind of general weakness and a stomach ache. Yesterday I crashed on my bed as soon as I got to my hotel room from the office and I fell asleep around 8PM (!) ... I didn't even have strength enough to make a post on my blog (!). Of course I had an horrible night ... full of the strangest nightmares ever ... I can only remember that was a loooooong night ... :o

This morning, in order to avoid additional nightmares, I decided to skip the working day and to visit a physician.

The search for the doctor was longer than expected. I had to look on internet for a physician, suggested from my health insurance, close enough to the hotel where I am staying. Of course I miss my way going there but after a couple of U-Turns I got there. The doctor assistant bounced me back when she found out that I was just visiting BALTIMORE ... apparently they accept only patients who are willing to have the doctor as long term physician ... which is not my case ... :o ... fortunately she gave me the direction for a MEDICAL CENTER that is taking care of poor visitors like me w/o a family physician in the area. Also going there I missed my way ...but at the end I found it.

The way it works here in US when you step for the first time in a doctor office is a kind of very professional ... they ask you to fill at least 3-4 forms with all the relevant information of your medical history ... which is ok. The funny thing for me is that I did this at least 5 times in the last 3 years ... 'cause I got sick in different places here in US ... and you have to think that you want just to see a doctor ASAP and before even letting you open your mouth they ask you to fill all these forms.

Sometimes the questions are really tricky ... look at the section PREVENTION of the form I had to fill this morning ...

... some are reasonable but other are really strange for a doctor appointment ... for example ...

DO YOU WEAR SEATBELTS?
DO YOU WEAR A BIKE HELMET?
IF THERE IS A GUN IN YOUR HOME, IS IT OUT OF CHILDREN'S REACH AND UNLOADED?
DO YOU EVER FEEL AFRAID OF YOUR PARTNER?
DO YOU HAVE "LIVING WILL"?
METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL?


Of course I took the opportunity to have some fun ... I did answer that in my home the GUN is always loaded and that it is in the kids room ... and ... that, yes, I am afraid of my partner when she is using the CREDIT CARD ... :o

The doctor visit went pretty well ... I am not sure what I have ... she gave me some pills for the stomach ache and I did a blood test ... I will know the results tomorrow probably ... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Hopefully you don't end up with social services on your doorstep......... :0

Glad you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

were you honest about 'do you drink tea?' question .... or did you lie?

Andrea said...

Actually I was ashamed to tell honestly that I am normally drinking at least 5 coffee / day ... :o

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */