Thursday, April 06, 2006

ELECTION DAY

IT IS ELECTION TIME BACK IN ITALY (my country) ... luckily enough few years ago the Parliament approved a law which is allowing the Italian citizens living (not simply visiting) abroad to vote by mail.

It works like this ... you need to register to the Italian consulate as ITALIAN RESIDENT ABROAD. After that few weeks before before the elections you receive a BIG envelope with all the BALLOT PAPERS, some instructions, and a copy of the law related to the election ... how to make things complicated ... I mean ... I just need to put a cross ... :o ...


... in this case we need to vote for the HOUSE OF THE REPRESENTATIVES and for the SENATE ...


... you vote ... and again ... just a cross in the right place ...


... ooopppss ... this is secret ... I mean ... not very secret for my friends ... but I can't show it ... it is against the law ... sorry ...

Once you are done you put everything in an envelope and after in an other envelope ... and send it to the Italian Consulate ... in my case ... the one in Los Angeles, California ... where I live ...


... of course ... no sender name on the envelope ... CLEAN, DEMOCRATIC, FAIR ... isn't it!? You know what!? In order to decide to give the right to vote to the Italians living abroad the Italian Parliament spent 50 years in endless discussions ... :O ... but now (since 5 years I believe) we have the law ... and I can vote ... and I AM HAPPY AND PROUD THAT I CAN VOTE IN A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY ... VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */