Saturday, April 22, 2006

DON'T MISS the HOLOCAUST MUSEUM!

Today I spent the entire day in the UNITED STATES HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL MUSEUM (aka HOLOCAUST MUSEUM) ...

... some friend told me it was worthwhile ... so I decided to go ... on my way there I was thinking what kind of impact could have on me after I have been SHAKEN by my grandpa stories about his 2 years struggle in a WWII German concentration camp, the SPEECHLESS SHOCK I had visiting the DACHAU concentration camp, the EMOTION of the visit to YAD VASHEM (the Holocaust Museum in JERUSALEM, ISRAEL) ... at the entrance I found this ...

... I have to say that every single word is so true ... A VISIT TO THIS MUSEUM WILL TOUCH YOU IN YOUR DEEPER PART OF YOUR SOUL ... you will never forget it.

You will go through the reconstruction of the life of a normal German kid ...

... who is pushed with his family and the entire Jewish community to a GHETTO ...

... and from there to a concentration camp with a train ...

... but he is lucky enough to get liberate ...

... but when he realizes that all his family members are killed he doesn't know anymore if he deserves to be alive.

Or you will be able to visit the HALL OF REMEMBRANCE ... where an endless flame reminds us the need to remember the past tragedies ...

... and to get more informed of the tragedies, the sore and the pain that the world is living everyday ... the other GENOCIDES that are happening today like the one in DARFUR ...

... the WEST region of SUDAN, AFRICA ...

Or you will see the endless pictures of the JEWISH COMMUNITY of a village where today there is no JEW no more ...

Trust me ... when you will visit WASHINGTON DC ... you can miss anything but the HOLOCAUST MUSEUM.
__

Once you decide to visit the museum plan to spend an entire day there and even if the museum visit is FREE ... the access to the PERMANENT EXHIBITION needs a ticket (FREE, I guess it is done in order to regulate the amount of visitor and let them space and time to reflect) ... and you can get the ticket itself at the museum INFO DESK when you get there ... or if you want to be sure to visit it (and you want to be sure!) you can get it in advance through the website WWW.TICKETS.COM (I believe there the website charges you $omething) ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */