Monday, July 24, 2006

THE WEEKEND in VAIL, CO

So ... after I spent 3 days in VAIL, CO ... I want to share some pictures with you ... so ... Vail is a pretty small town ... so small that in 3 days I didn't manage to get lost ... which means a lot ...

...it looks like a small alpine Village with the difference that here everybody speak in English ... and of cooooourse there is Starbucks and all the other American chain restaurants ... it is pretty expensive and it is going thru a $1B renovation because apparently the UTAH sky resorts are now (i.e. after the 2000 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic Games) attracting more tourists ...


... and the entire village is populated of bronze statues of wild animals, kids playing winter sports ... and there is also a special bench where Albert Einstein is smiling 24/7 ...

... really nice ... but because I am not skying and I am always looking for new, exotic and exciting places ... I am not sure if I will ever come back here ... but again it was a nice weekend ... far from the DALLAS, TX heat ... and from the California WILDFIRES ... but speaking about HEAT and FIRE ... on the way back to DENVER, CO where I took the flight to DALLAS, TX ... o the I-70 there was a truck on fire ... I managed to take this poor picture ... really impressive to see ... not sure how it did happen, though ...

... and it created a huge traffic jam ... and I almost missed my flight ... which would have been really bad ... for my tight schedule ... and it would have caused a serious heart attack to my boss ... :D ... BTW ... I am here in WASHINGTON DC ... and the meeting went well ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */