Saturday, July 01, 2006

244 MONTEREY BLVD FINAL

ITALY defeated Australia (sorry Stu, Kevin and Paula) and Ukraine ... GERMANY defeated Sweden (sorry Peter and Mats) and Argentina ... so here we are ... one of the semifinals of the 2006 World Cup will be GERMANY - ITALY ... such a classic in football ... in Italy we like to remember the time when we defeated the Tudesc (this is the way we call the Germans in the dialect of my city, Bergamo) ... I guess in Germany they better remember the times when they defeated us ... it will be a tough game ... I am sure ... personally I can't wait ... I am pretty confident we will make to the final ... but I SMS with Leif, my German roommate who is now in Germany, and he told me that he thinks they will make to the final as well ... so we realized that this match is really the 244 Monterey Blvd FINAL (*) ... here a picture from the last party with the 3 flags of the house ...

... in this World Cup ITALY already played against USA ... we tied but US didn't make to the next round ... and now ... an other match with an other roommate ... I have to say that it is really exciting ... it will be Tuesday 4th of July 2006 ... uuuffff ... I can't wait ... and yes ... we know that for the rest of the world this is a semifinal ... but for us ... this is really the final ... we are trying to build a big group (I believe the best part of this sportive events is sharing your passion and feelings with the people around you) ... so if you want to join us and watch it together ... don't be shy ... let us know ... :o

__

(*) This is where the 3 of us (Jason, Leif and I) are living

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Italy ! Italy ! Italy !

That was my first bet since the beginning... but I think that game will be the biggest challenge for Italy more than the final (Portugal ???)

Anonymous said...

Wished Leif was there so could see you could duke it out in person! No doubt, there will be alot of SMSing...

Sorry Leif ... am going with Italy on this one!

Andrea said...

Xing my figers ... you guys are right ... XA

Anonymous said...

Forza Italiaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

.... :)

Andrea said...

VIVA ITALIA! XA

Anonymous said...

As I said:

Italy.
not Iran or Afganistan,
Italy will win the cup.

The final should be easier.

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */