Thursday, July 27, 2006

MY J-BAY

I love it ... love it ... love it ... it is my new skateboard ... actually this is also my first skateboard ever ...

... and I love it even more because it is a present ... a present by my wonderful friend D ... it is for my birthday ... OK ... my bday was back on May ... but I didn't see D until then ... and I got it this week and believe me ... it is the best ... to see a friend ... get a gift ... and get such a great gift ... why a skateboard!? Mmmm ... back at the begin of the year I was supposed to relocate from LA to NY ... and immediately I thought I had to replace my passion for SURFING with something equally exciting ... so I thought to SKATEBOARDING ... I told to my friend about this idea ... but at the end to relocation to NY blew up (it is not clear yet ... but the likelihood is 99%) ... and the idea to buy the skateboard blew up as well ... but there you go ... D never forgets ... and here I have my new 4 wheel passion ... :D ... it is a SECTOR9 skateboard ... it is a longboard ... and the model is called J-BAY ... J-BAY in the surfing dictionary means only one thing ... JEFFREYS BAY, SOUTH AFRICA ... probably the most perfect reef break ever ... it is shot also in the movie ENDLESS SUMMER ... and as you can imagine ... the picture on the board is JBAY ... :D ... I have already funny stories about this board ... last night I tried it for the first time here in DALLAS, TX ... in the parking lot of my company ... completely empty ... a similar setup of when I learned to drive the car back in Italy ... anyways ... after 10-15 minutes that I was trying it ... it slipped away and I fell on the ground ... while I was taking care of my wrist ... I saw the board run away ... so far away ... that basically it ended up ... in a huge manhole (everything is big in Texas) ... anyways ... I almost lost it ... for a simple miracle the tail did stuck in the manhole entrance ... like a car on the cliff of a mountain in a Hollywood movie ... :O ... I almost had a heart attack ... let's imagine ... how can you logically explain something like this ... !?!? ... at the first ride I almost lost my new skateboard in an empty parking lot in TEXAS ... good that it didn't happen ... now it is a little bit scratched (on the other side ... you don;t see it in the picture) ... but who cares ... it is still with me ... today when I told the story to my colleagues ... they couldn't stop teasing me ... my friend Budi ... came out with the best catch phrase ... "Andrea yesterday tried to surf in a Texas sewer" ... definitely I need to go back to surf in LA ... most likely tomorrow night ... I will be there ... only for the weekend ... but better than nothing ... and I will check out the real waves ... :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love the picture. It suits you. Good to have friends like D.

Very nice! Enjoy.... :)

Anonymous said...

Man you are a true example of "IT'S NEVER TOO LATE"

Anonymous said...

hi baby

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */