Monday, June 05, 2006

YELLOWSTONE WILDLIFE

During my visit to YELLOWSTONE NP ... I managed to see the first animal outside the park ... I guess I was 3 miles from the EAST entrance when I saw this huge BISON ... and I got as close as possible ... basically this picture has been taken without any zoom ...
... amazing isn't is!? I would say almost stupid ... because the first advice that the ranger gave me as soon as I enter the park ... was this ... "don't get close to the bison ... they look tame ... but every year they gore several tourists ..." ... still concern of my stupidity I took a picture of the entrance ...
... and I continued my trip inside the park ... and in a fast sequence these are the animal that I saw in the next 3 days ... a GRIZZLY BEAR (sorry but my $250 camera has only a 4x zoom) ... according to the ranger this was a 2 year BEAR who was probably just left by his / her mom ... and apparently was a kind of lost looking for food ... it isn't very common to see GRIZZLY BEARS in such a open area ... anywasy here he / she is ...
... an INDIAN ELK ...
... and again ... more ELKS ...


... a very funny LONG WHITE FEET HARE ... I am sure the technical name is different ... :) ...
... a group of BISONS crossing the road ... and finding the time to feed their babies ...

... but of course ... because it is wildlife ... there are predators and preies ... and these these two guys were definitely preies ...

... and again going back to the animals still alive I saw more BISONS ... and this time I used the zoom to take the pictures ...


... ELKS ...

... a pretty elegant FOX (in this case the FOX is so small that I left the picture in its original size ... you can open it and see it better) ...

... and at the very last minute while I was leaving the park ... I managed also to see a BLACK BEAR WITH HER 2 CUBS (and again ... I left the original picture ... so you ca open it and see them) ...
... during my 3 days in YELLOWSTONE I saw also a COYOTE but I didn't have time to take a picture ... and a group of MOUNTAIN SHEEPS ... and in that case they were way too far (I managed to see them only because a guy let me give a look through his 1000x scope).

I think these pictures are more valuable of any comment ... but believe me ... see these animal alive roaming around is absolutely amazing ... they made my vacation and my visit to YELLOWSTONE absolutely unique... but ... at the same time ... they made me think how much we distroyed in this planet ... if we need to go in few National Parks in order to see animals in their wild environment ... I know it is a tough call ... but think about it ... where are the human beings leading our planet to!? I am not sure if we will eventually destroy everything ... but I believe that we should do more ... much more ... much much more for our planet ... anyways ... time to go to sleep for me ... it is 2AM here in SEATTLE ... more stories and pictures tomorrow and in the next days ... :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - those pictures are amazing....so glad you had such a great time and those are just the animals!

i agree completely - we need to do more to stop destroying the planet ...

Anonymous said...

Man pics are awsome and i have a craving to see all these by me self.

Andrea you are a inspirer too ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...
I have no words...

Good for you dude, keep on to the next adventures on your list...

Andrea said...

I am glad you guys liked the pictures ... but most important ... I hope I managed to convince you to make atrip out there ... I am sure it will be such an incredible experience for you as welll ... but again ... try to go there in thre LOW SEANSON (1st Half June and 1st Half September) ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */