Thursday, June 08, 2006

A EVENING in the PIKE MARKET

A little break in the REPLAY of my ROCKY MOUNTAINS TRIP ... so much to write ... but other things are happening everyday in my life ... I am here in SEATTLE ... and tonight I went with some friends to dinner in the MATT'S IN THE MARKET restaurant ... a lovely tiny restaurant in the SEATTLE PIKE MARKET ...

... if you have the chance ... go there ... I am sure you will love it ... wonderful food and nice atmosphere ... it reminded me a lot some bar-restaurant of Tel Aviv ... and you will love the evening in the PIKE MARKET as well ... so quite ... for the first time I didn't see the usual line outside the FIRST STARBUCKS COFFEE SHOP ... which was open here back in 1971 ... this is the entrance ...

... you can see how the company LOGO has changed ... but here they kept the original one ... but don't worry if you are a STARBUCKS fan and you don't have the chance to come here ... you are not missing much ... the TASTE OF THE STARBUCKS COFFEE IS THE SAME EVERYWHERE ...

... which makes me wonder if it is really coffee or not ... :o ... and here ... a couple of pictures from the window of the restaurant ... here a section of the market rooftop ... where I found out is resting a pretty nice family of 10 pigs ...

... and here a nice perspective on the main entrance of the market ... with a guy using the hose to clean up the street ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like such a lovely and fun place - have to visit it someday

Andrea said...

Ciao Ale ... :D XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */