Thursday, June 08, 2006

LAKE AVALANCHE HIKE

Finally HIKING ... after some very short HIKES (almost walks) in YELLOWSTONE ... mostly functional to see the GEYSERS ... I finally got to GLACIER NATIONAL PARK ... finally mountains which resembled of the ALPS ...
... where I found more trails than people ... :D ... I did the first hike on June 1st ... a short one because I got into the park only in the afternoon ... the name of the trail is LAKE AVALANCHE TRAIL and it is really short 4.2 miles roundtrip ... 3 hours hike I believe ... taking it very easy ... and stopping every other corner to take pictures ... here one of the firts I took on the way up ...
... the forest was nice ... here a ELK that I found on my way ... and apparently with his toungue he wants to tease me ...
... of course on my way up I found also a good spot to put my camera and make the usual selfportrait ...
... the scenary at the ed of the trail was really nice ... a lake ... LAKE AVALANCHE ... and if you look to the picture (the white sky doesn't help it) you will see on the mountain 3 waterfalls feeding the lake ... really really nice ... and such a quite place ... at least now that is LOW SEASON ...
... on my way down I found a couple of guys on a bridge ... I took a picture of them ... and they took a picture of me ... probably the first non self portrait of this trip ... here you go ...
... and I kinda of like it ... I can see in my smile the HAPPINESS that I had inside me in those days ... I really had a good time in this trip ... and I really enjoyed the GLACIER HIKES ... if you have the chance don't miss them ... they are really nice ... and there is a hike for any level of preparation ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belle le foto ... i pantaloni mimetici sono un po' da buliccio ...

Anonymous said...

you look happy! :)

Andrea said...

Dude ... militia pants are the official uniform of surfers nowadays ... there are also militia style swimming short ... and against bears they are supposed to help you to hide better ... :D XA

Anonymous said...

Sorry ... I'm way too out of the loop!

Andrea said...

Right ... :) ... in Italian an anonymous wrote me that pics were nice but the militia pants were a kind of bullish ... from there my answer ... :) XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */