Thursday, June 08, 2006

YELLOWSTONE PILGRIMAGE

YELLOWSTONE NP has been really a great experience for me that I will never forget ... I have more stories ... but it is time to close this experience at least on the BLOG ... but before closing it ... I would like to share with you a sentence that I read on the LONELY PLANET while I was there ... "A visit to YELLOWSTOE NP is not just a vacation, it is a pilgrimage" ... and I couldn't agree more ... YELLOWSTONE has been the first NP in the WORLD ... declared NP on March 1st 1872 ... and if you will go there I suggest you to pass through the NORTH ENTRANCE (I left the park trough this) ... you will pass through this old ARCH ... the ROOSEVELT ARCH ... built back in 1872 ...
... which reports the phrase of the president who strongly wanted this NP and others ... "For the Benefit and the Enjoyment of the people" ... I intentionally took this picture with my shadow in it ... a way to demonstrate at the same time ... my desire to be forever part of a wonderful place ... and ... the impossibility to be really part of it ... YELLOWSTONE NP is there ... it will never move ... new pelgims are enjoyig it in this very moment ... I am in SEATTLE and probably I will never go back anymore ... but a part of me ... my shadow ... will always be there ... or at least I hope so ... :D

I believe that the NP are one of the best and most corrageous ideas the humanity ever had ... could you see the actual US president having the WISDOM, the VISION and the GUTS to go something like this!?! I don't ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */