Sunday, June 18, 2006

SSSS

On FRIDAY I flew out of DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) airport ... and I had been selected by the security for a Super Special Security Screening (aka SSSS) ... they way the airline identifies such a passenger is putting a SSSS on the boarding card ...

... and today I got voted ... probably because I was travelling alone, bought the ticket at the last minute and I got a 1 WAY ticket ... process in simple and neat ... you have to stand there a person makes a physical check that you are not hiding anything on you ... and unfortunately for this task they always match you with a person of your sex ... so no much luck there ... and after that they open, check all your belongings, sniff with an artificial nose of you had any explosive on your belongings (explosive are very aromatic powders ... so it is a kind of easy to identify them). Anyways I went thru this process I think hundreds of times .. especially when I was living in ISRAEL .. and there it is is not nice ... the security guards are asking you all type of questions ... if you have a girlfriend, why you travel alone, if you know Arab people, how long have you been with a girlfriend, if you have any receipt proving the travel you are describing ... an all that type of stuff that is understandable in a way, due to security reasons, but in an other way is really bothering ... especially when they go to personal business ... anyways ... not important for this post .. just told you in case you fly from the BEN GURION AIRPORT (Tel Aviv Airport) ...


... today I asked to Paul, the ATA guy, who had the misfortune to check me (I had so much small and strange stuff in my bags that the check itself lasted for almost 10 minutes, I believe) ... if I could take some pics ... he was cool enough to let me shoot them ... I took the pics and I told me that I was going to use it for my blog ... so he gave me his email address ... so I can send him both the pics I took and the link to this post ... funny enough a Paul'S colleague told me to describe in a nice way the way they threated me ... otherwise they were going to track me and created me troubles next time in DFW ... of course he was kidding ... but .. hey guys ... THEY THREAT ME WELL ... :O ... only complain .. is that next time I would like a girl going tru this process ... I believe girls have a better touch ad they can feel if a person hides some stuff on his body ... ... almost forgot, of course, the guy in the picture is PAUL ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */