Wednesday, June 07, 2006

SOLO TRAVELER

I LOVE TO TRAVEL ... probably it one of the things that I love the most in my life ... and most of the time I am travelling SOLO. The reasons why I am doing so are basically two ... THE FIRST REASON is that ... I truly believe that of my type of character (basically SHY) it would be very very difficult for me to know new people if I have already a travel companion ... and one of the reasons why I love to travel is because I have the chance to MEET new people and EXPERIENCE new situations and basically CHALLENGE my STATUS QUO and my ideas ... and this really works ... I think every human being has a biological need to interact with other human beings ... and putting myself in a situation where I don't know anydody ... forces me to try to meet people ... and I simply love it. For the same reason ... even if I simply love MUSIC ... I didn't buy yet an iPod ... it would be so easy during the long trip in a BUS or in a TRAIN ... to close my hears to what is around me and listen my favorite music ... but I am sure that would not allow me to fully utilize the chances that the JOURNEY is giving me! THE SECOND REASON WHY I LOVE SOLO TRAVELLING ... is that I can't really plan anything in my life ... especially when I am on vacation ... normally I decide in the evening going to sleep what to do the day after ... when I wake up I change my mind ... under the shower I make an other plan ... during breakfast an other one ... and at the end I end up doing something different again ... during this ROCKY MOUNTAINS trip I think I changed my mind and my plansat least twice a day ... and I am glad I did it ... but this would easily drive crazy any travel campanion in less than 2 days ... the same if someone would try to force me to chance my plans at the last minute ...

I don't know ... I did travel with CAMPANIONS ... and I really have good VACATIONS with them ... but the REAL ADVENTURES are the one who happened to me when I was SOLO and I found the TRAVEL BUDDIES ON THE ROAD ... these are differents ... travel buddies that I meet on the road are definitely different ... it did happen also during this trip ...

2 comments:

"SPG" said...

Me too! I love to travel solo, and that's why I also like to read your travel-blog! I hope you don't mind, I "stumbled" upon your blog one day and found it really interesting.

From another travel addict
"SPG"

Andrea said...

Oooooof course I don't mind ... :O ... I love to know that people find interesting what I am writing ... the reason why I am writing the blog is to SHARE w/ old friends and new friends my experience, adventures, dreams ... I truly believe that is the best way to live your life ... BE HAPPY AND MAKE PEOPLE AROUND YOU HAPPY! XA

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */