Tuesday, June 06, 2006

YELLOWSTONE THERMAL ACTIVITY

YELLOWSTONE NP is famous for its GEYSERS and all the THERMAL ACTIVITY ... personally I have never visited the other two places where you can see GEYSERS ... ICELAND and NEW ZEALAND (mmmm ... actually are two of my dreams) ... which are the other areas where you can see the GEYSERS ... so I am not really an expert ... and choose some of the pictures to put here on the blog is really difficult ... so I decided to put only the one that I think most representative ... showing them in the order I have seen the different GEYSERS, POOL and SPRINGS ... and letting you enjoy the power of the colors and the images ... without many comments ... the pictures that I prefer are the one with the people in ... because they are giving you the feeling of the size of the geysers ... anyways needless to say... go to visit YELLOWSTONE by yourself ... it is really amazing ...














Here more pictures of the YELLOWSTONE THERMAL ACTIVITY ... starting with the little show of the OLD FAITHFUL ... which is breathing and spitting regularly every 80 minutes ... it is a kind of big show ... with benches for the people and big clappings of hands at the end ... :) ... here one of the pictures I took ...
... this is the usual self portrait of your reporter ... and judging by my double sweatshirt I guess it was pretty cold ... yep ... now I remember ... I was getting as close as possible to the geysers steam to get some warm feeling ...
... here a lady is demontrating how difficult and useless ... is to take pictures of the boiling water ... :O ...

... and here a little spicy story for you guys ... according to LONELY PLANET in this POOL during the winter 1997-98 a young BISON got to close to the border ... fell into it ... and for weeks all the area smell like BEEF SOUP ... I am not sure if it is true ... but I guess that if you want to eliminate your "favorite pet" that's a good way to do it ... :O ...




This set is probably my favorite set of pictures ... because it contains most of the pools I have seen during my visit to the park ... and I have to tell you the truth ... BY FAR I was more fascinated by the POOLS rather than by the GEYSERS ... looking into this incredible cristal water ... gave me the impression to have the chance to have a WINDOW looking just to the CENTER OF OUR PLANET ... I know ... probably you think it is a kind of childish ... but this is exactly what I felt ... :O ... so here you go ... starting with a group of mormons waiting for a geysers to spit ... I am always fascinated by the inconditional FAITH and TRUST that religious people has ... in this case they were not lucky ... the GEYSER didn't "spit" while they were there ...
... I simply loved this pool ... I think I took 10 pictures ... but you are lucky ... only one for you ... :O ...
... an other pool ... in this case the colors are not that great ... but still I like it ...
... here in a fast sequence 3 pictures of the SAWMILL GEYSER making his daily job ...


... this is called the BELGIAN POOL ... and again I simply loved it ...
... here a panoramic view of some GEYSERS doing their job ...
... some more SPRINGS, POOLS and GEYSERS ...



... and here the most colorful YELLOWSTONE POOL ... the famous MORNING GLORY ... really really nice ... but apparently because tourists are throwing objects into it (don't ask me how you can have such an idea) ... the mouth of the pool is closing, the temperature is dropping and the colours are changing ... apparently every year the rangers are cleaning the mouths of most of the YELLOWSTONE GEYSERS in order to clean the touristic souvenirs and in order to keep as natual as possible the pools colors ...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - amazing pictures - great job Andrea!

Anonymous said...

here she blows!!!

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */