Wednesday, June 07, 2006

CLASS 1971

So, this story happened in YELLOWSTONE NP on MAY 31st ... which for most of you is just a day like any other one ... but for meit is a very special day ... it is a very happy day it is MY BIRTHDAY ... and this trip is basically a birthday gift to myself ... it is a tradition that an ex girlfriend started back in 1999 when I was working and living in GREECE ... a BIG TRIP for my BIRTHDAY as a gift ... and since then I am trying to keep the tradition alive ... :D ... anyways going back to the story ... I am driving in YELLOWSTONE NP when I see this nice old VW VAN in the parking of a SCENIC VIEW POINT ...
... I stop there just to take a picture to it ... after this picture I get closed to get a better picture to it ... and while I was taking the shot ... BANG, GULP and BANG AGAIN ... an other VW VAN put itself betwen the CAMERA and the BROWN VW VAN ... this is BLUE ... and it is really something SUPER ... look at it ...
... simpy lovely ... I feel like I am back to the SIXTIES ... WOW ... look at it ... it stops few feet from me ... I get closer ... and I take a picture to its back ... before it will leave again ... simply gorgeous ... ONWARD THROUGH THE FOG ... this is really great ... :O ...
... I read the stickers ... CREATE PEACE ... yes ... he is right ... here an other one ... EVERYTHING IS GOOD ... probably he is right ... here an other one that I love ... KILL YOUR TELEVISION ... yep ... I love it ... I look at it again ... and the driver jumps out of the VAN ... here he is ... and he is more interesting than his VAN ...
... I ask him if he is OK to take these pictures ... he is OK ... of course he is OK ... how could it be different ... I am sure this guy is against any TM and (C) b*llsh*t ... I spend some minutes chitchating with him ... I ask him about the VAN ... he tells me that it is pretty old ... it is from 1971 ... WOW ... 1971!? ... but it is not that old I am replying ... it has exactly my age ... and today it is my BIRTHDAY ... what a nice coincidence ! It is a small birthday gift for me! We continue the conversation ... we introduce each other ... his name is JOHN and he is travelling with a kind of LOOSE PLAN (like me!!!) from MISSOURI to TIJUANA, MEX ... so I am telling that he has to visit CALIFORNIA ... of course CALIFORNIA is in his PLAN ... he tells me that back in 1968 he was STATIONARY IN LA ... what!?!? ... STATIONARY IN LA IN 1968!?!? ... this guy looks to me like the reincarnation of EASY RIDER ... what the hell ... I love him ... this guy is a real traveller (OK ... traveler for US readers) ... I am telling that I live in CAIFORNIA ... and I am inviting him to stop in HERMOSA BEACH when he will be there ... I give him my phone number ... he promises to call me when he will be close by ... so I will be able to be his host ... I would love it ... I just need to convince my 2 roommates now ... I am leaving the parking lot with a smile bigger than my jaw ... and I decide to play the EASY RIDER SOUNDTRACK ... YES ... TRAVELING IS SUCH A BLESSING ... I am glad I am alive and I can run after my dreams ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */