Thursday, June 29, 2006

A SOUL SWIMMING IN A FISH BOWL

I discovered FLICKR (http://www.flickr.com) few months back when smhyla ... a former blogger (http://smhyla.com) ... saw my pictures and suggested me to open a FLICKR ACCOUNT ... I never did it ... I thought it was going to be too much work ... I prefer to keep just my BLOG ... it gives me enough work ... at the sme time I started to browse into FLICKR ... and I discovered incredible pictures ... and I definitily fell in love with STONETH'S PHOTOS (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoneth/) ... the title of his main gallery is POVERTY ... time to time I am sneaking into it ... to check if there are new pictures and new stories ... and I always find incredible gifts ... the gifts are the pictures and the stories of the homeless people ... I guess it is strange ... they are supposed to be stories of poverty and I find them incredibly rich ... rich of humanity ... they make me think that there is more humanity in these homeless people living in the street rather than in a lot of people that I am meeting everyday ... they look to me incredibly rich because I read about things I never lived and I neer saw ... in their stories I read about a part of the life I never lived ... I read about addiction, violence, instability, arrests, breakdowns, death, drugs, alcohol, rats, shooting up, meth, raping ... it is such a trip when I am reading these stories ... that I feel kidnapped ... I feel like in a tunnel ... but despite a tunnel when I am leaving it ... I wonder if the artificial light is inside or outside it ... and I ended up asking to myslef if the real life is the one these guys are living or is the one I am living everyday ... and pretty much everytime it pops in my mind the PINK FLOYD song ... I wish you were here ... in particular these 3 lines ...

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found? The same old fears.

... I define myself a traveler and a backpacker and a dreamer ... but after reading these stories ... I am not sure anymore if I am really a traveller and a backpacker and a dreamer ... probably I am not ... probably ... I am myself ... just a soul swimming in a fish bowl ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beauty and truth (on many levels)

Anonymous said...

...but also sadness...

...these stories of poverty are rich of humanity....
...perhaps it is not so strange...

...the people we normally met are rich of things to do, hobbies, friends, meetings etc etc....but what about humanity? ...mmmm...perhaps they do not have time for this...

before being on the flickr site...these poor people are around us...

....mmm...yes...perhaps we are all lost souls.............

...what a sad thought for a sunny Friday!!!

Anonymous said...

ho cominciato a fare un mio album fotografico, per adesso ci sono soltanto 2 foto, ma crescera'!

Andrea said...

I like this your sentence

"...the people we normally met are rich of things to do, hobbies, friends, meetings etc etc....but what about humanity? ...mmmm...perhaps they do not have time for this...
"

... interesting ... is not our fault? How many times are we asking to our friends important questions? Like ... what is the mission of your life?

_

Well done Paolo ... but try w/ Flickr ...

XA

Anonymous said...

...mmmm...perhaps is our fault....perhaps we spend most of our time with boring people....
....perhaps we are too involved in our own life....
...perhaps we have to spend more time with our best friends
...and, as you say, try to get "closer" to them ...."asking important question"...

...you are right.... :)

Andrea said...

I have so say that I feel really blessed to have friends with such a great humanity ... thanks to you for sharing with me your feelings ... :D XA

Anonymous said...

.... :)

..... thankssssss!

sMhyla said...

i can't help but say, "I told you so." ;)

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */