Sunday, June 25, 2006

FORT WORTH, TX STOCK YARDS

The STOCK YARDS in FORT WORTH, TX is probably the most lively and interesting area I have seen so far here in the DALLAS area (didn't see much of the rest, though) ...
... apparently this stockyards made FORT WORTH, TX ... "the richest little town in the world" ... :D

Personally I think it is really worth while a visit ... actually more than one ... if you live here ... and you want a nice place to hang out ... basically it is just a road ... 10 blocks area ... 2 miles north of FORT WORTH, TX downtown ... without any parking hassle ...
... and with nice buildings ...
... I found a lot of things to see ... but mostly I liked the lively area ... I didn't really feel in a fake creation for "cowboys hungry tourists" ... real people comes here to spend the day ...
... and mostly to drink ... and from what I have seen today here you can drink in public ...
... of course if you like meat ... this is the place where you want to end up hungry ...
There are also touristic attractions ...
... but that's impossible to avoid ... :O

And if you area lucky enough you can also end end up in a bar with live music ... this is the WHITE ELEPHANT BEER GARDEN ...
... and meet some real cowgirl who likes Italian accent ...
... or if you like cowboys ... I guess there are also those ... I didn't pay much attention if they were cute or not ... sorry ... :o

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */