Monday, June 05, 2006

A COFFEE IN "BUFFALLO BILL" CODY

CODY, WY is a small little town 50 miles east of the EAST entrance of the YELLOWSTONE NP and it is named after Col. William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody ... and everything in the town is about BUFFALO BILL ... there is also a huge museum about BUFFALO BILL and the WILD WEST STORY (the main entrance is in the picture ... and BUFFALO BILL is the dude represented with the bronze statue) ... anyways ... I didn't visit the museum ... but as soon as I woke up I tried to get a decent coffee ... and of course ... the first coffee stop I spotted ... even if it had a wonderful murales ...
... was closed ... the same for the second one I spotted ... very attractive window but again closed ... so I took the opportunity for an "artistic" self portrait ...
... I guess these are the disadvantages to visit a place in LOW SEASON ... I almost gave up ... when on my way to YELLOWSTONE NP ... basically at the end of the town ... I spotted this little DRIVE THRU COFFEE SHOP ...
... and I decided to stop ... after the car you see in the picture it came my turn ... I asked for a fresh brewed coffee ... and the young girl at the counter (I found out after that her name was MARIAH) ... apparently fell in love with my accent (kinda of nice ... because in the rest of my trip the people had serious problems to understand me) ... and when she found out I am from Italy ... she told me how much she would like to travel and how much she would like to visit Italy ... and she didn't let me pay ... of course I couldn't accept ... and after almost 30 seconds of negotiations ... we agreed that I she had to accept my money ... I think I gave her $5 ... and consider it as a initial saving for her trip to Italy ... I don't think these $5 will make any difference ... but she definitely made me happy to stop there to get the coffee ... this is the type of people I don't meet everyday ... and now that I know her name and the name of the coffee shop ... I think I will send her either a touring guide of Italy or something about Italy ... trying to keep her dreams alive ... I truly believe that travelling and meeting new people is such a blessing ... everybody should travel more ... and this coffee stop demonstrates exactly this ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */