Monday, June 19, 2006

RE-LAX

RE-LAX ... an other episode of my life at the LAX (LA International Aiport) ... today was TERMINAL 1 ... US AIRWAYS flight to DALLAS, TX with 1 stop in LAS VEGAS, NV ... and this is the end of my weekend ... really a short one ... but WHAT A WEEKEND ... really great ... the perfect BACHELOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA WEEKEND (AKA "Looks like a movie, but it is not") ... it started on Friday night with a very nice dinner in Santa Monica and after that ... of course FOOSBALL in the PITCHER HOUSE in HERMOSA. Saturday morning ... early VOLLEYBALL (only 1 set ... but we won, I believe ... :o) ... back to the ugly box (AKA Television) to watch with some friends the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP match USA Vs. ITALY ... had a great brunch at the Pier ... party at BLAIR's place ... where I managed to take this exclusive picture of PHIL ... who in my personal opinion is the only and unbeateable ... "LA RF KING" ... the only one who had the guts to tell us ... tha was useless to run around like chickens without head ... and that everything was going to be decided somewhere else ... and that is exaclty what happened ... (*) After that some very poor surfing in 2nd Street ... which confirmed my theory that it is not a good idea to try to catch waves when you are not completely sober ... a nice BBQ in our porch ... the BEST TAXI RIDE EVER ... dancing in BEACHES ... a great nite. Sunday ... today ... mostly laundry and packing ... but I managed also to go 10 minutes surfing ... really sweet waves ... caught some of them .. but again .. just 10 minutes ... before collecting the usual $35 PARKING TICKET in front of my place ... driving to LAX ... and here the ICE ON THE CAKE ... the celebrity at LAX ... in the terminal I met KAREEM ABDUL-JABBAR ... he was seated in front of me ... he was with his wife, I guess ... a very short asian woman ... and what an impression ... I think she was 3 feet shorter than him ... he had gray LA LAKERS gym pants, gray TShirt, snickers ... like he just left the basketball court ... :O ... I didn't take any picture ... I don't like to bother celebrities. Funny enough when I was seated there I had to through away, in the trash bin, the paper bag of my STARBUCKS SNACK ... as usual I through it from few feet away from the bin ... and while I was doing it ... KAREEM looked at me ... I felt so strange ... really a cool feeling ... when I was a kid I was used to watch him on TV to through balls in a basket ... today he was in fornt of me ... watching me ... OK ... I know ... I know ... it is not the same ... but whatever ... I felt special ... :) ... forgot to say ... I did score!!!
__

(*) Sorry if, for most of you, I am a little bit cryptic here ...

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */