Tuesday, March 20, 2007

PARENTS & KIDS

My parents are here. I would have expected that having my parents around my place when I am used to live by myself could have been a kind of strange. But actually it is not at all. It is really the most natural feeling ever. You really feel loved. And you really feel like a kid. Or maybe like a king. Which is actually the same. This is at least what I am feeling. In these days I feel like a kid. My parents are here in my place and they are taking care of everything. And they do it with so much love, that I can't really say no. They are not even complaining the weather is not as good as it should be. They are repeating they came here to visit their son, not to visit the sun. Silly parents. My mom decided that I am not roning my shirts well enough, so she did it for me ... ehehehe ...And my dad still remember that he bought some basil seeds two years ago when he came here. He even remember where he stored them. Of course I never used them. So he pulled them out. He went to the local supermarket to buy some ground to fill a vase that we have in the porch. And he seeded the basil. So in few weeks I will have fresh homemade basil for my pasta and my pizza. I think there is nobody who can love us as much as our parents do. This reminds me a story that my grand grandpa was used to tell to his 7 kids. One of them was my grandpa. The story or catch phrase makes pretty much like this ... "A mom and dad can feed and take care of 1, 2, 3, 10 even 20 kids but not even 20 kids can take care of their parents when they become old". In a way it is a sad catch phrase. In an other way it is also true that is the way it goes. We become selfish and we forget who really love us for what we are, and not for what we have. I hope it won't happen to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog Andrea! Your parents are really special! Like you!

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */