Sunday, March 25, 2007

ONE DAY in SAN DIEGO

My parents came here to visit me, but of course it is also true that they want to see around. Discover new places. Visit interesting cities. Today we decided to go to San Diego. San Diego is just 160 miles south of LA, just 12 miles to the Mexican border, and it is definitely worth a visit. Myself I was in San Diego the last time probably more than 1 year ago. So today we headed south. First stop just south of San Clemente, where my dad feed the squirrels and I finally took I picture with my parents ...More south we visited La Jolla, a very nice surfing spot. And in San Diego the Cabrillo National Park. Lots of history here. Cabrillo was the first European to see this coast and he sailed up to San Francisco. But he veer saw the bay. Apparently because of the fog. Not difficult to believe! In the park there are also a lot of WWII memorabilia. And my dad, as a former military Morse code machine operator, didn't miss a picture there ...And here some other random picture of the nice day, that at a certain point became also sunny ...If you are curious, the last picture has been taken in front of the Coronado hotel, where the 1959 movie with Marilyn Monroe "Some Like It Hot" was shot.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */