Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DREAMING ALASKA

Dreaming California. I guess this is what everybody do. At least, this is what I was used to do when I was not living here. But now that I am living here, I am dreaming - of course - something else. Being somewhere else. Visit new places. Take my backpack and get into a bus to somewhere else. So ... why not the last frontier? Yes, the last frontier ... this is the dramatic Alaska state nickname. The last frontier. It has been a dream for me for several years now. I thought to go to visit it since I moved here to the US. 4 years have passed and I have not been there yet. Probably because of my little attitude to plan anything and because of the fact that you can visit Alaska only 4 months of the year. But 2007 seems like the good year. Tina and I are planning to go there for 10 full days of vacation in August - September. Using the labor day long weekend I can just use 5 days off from work and make 10 full days of vacation. There is a lot to see in Alaska. Especially National Parks ...I don't think we will be able to see all the Alaska beauties in 10 days. But at least a part of it. Probably we will fly LAX - Anchorage (i.e. the capital). It is like almost 6 hours flight. From there we will make a loop. In the loose plan we have at the moment, there are a lot of things. A night in Anchorage. A train to Denali. Hiking and camping in the Denali NP. Fairbanks. Hike on some glacier. Whale watching in the Kenai Fjords NP. And more and more. Dreaming Alaska! I am definitely excited. Big time excited!

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */