Monday, January 22, 2007

CONFRONTING MY FEARS

When this morning I woke up, one of the first thoughts that I had was a sentence that I read yesterday on this book. The book is a autobiography of Muhammad Ali and the sentence was speaking about fear. So I took the book from the floor and still in bed, I searched for it. Until I found it. Mohammad Ali (actually at that time his name was still Cassius Clay) speaks about his fear to fly, and the fact that he almost missed the 1960 Olympic Games because of this fear. So he thinks to a sentence that his dad was used to tell him, and the sentence says something like this. "Always confront the things you fear" and later he concludes that "If I let fear stand in my way, I would never have accomplished anything important in my life". I love them. Probably you think it is silly, but I have the feeling that these sentences were the keys I was looking for. The keys to open a door in my heart and step in a new room of my life. BTW, in case you don't know how it went for Cassius Clay ... he did fly to Rome and he won the 1960 heavyweights Olympic gold Medal.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */