Tuesday, June 05, 2007

SECOND STREET

Second Street. Hermosa Beach, CA. For most of the people it doesn't mean nothing. For some people it doesn't mean a lot. But for me and for the other friends who are surfing here, second street is the spot. Probably not a good spot. But definitely our spot. We walk or bicycle down and we climb on the top of this small beach construction (AKA public restroom) and we check the waves. This is exactly what I did this morning around 8AM. And I took this picture. The sun is way far East, still rising. The palm on my back is making a long shadow. Nobody is in the water. Nobody is in the beach. The life guard station is still closed ...... and the waves are not good. It happens most of the time. It is pretty rare to have good waves here. But we don't care. We just love it here. And that makes this spot magical. It is strange. Thinking about it, in all the phases of my life and in all the places where I lived, I had a magical place that for some reason I loved. Like this. Just thinking about each of them makes me happy. I hope you have some spot like this, as well ... :D

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */