Sunday, June 17, 2007

NIAGARA FALLS

Mist, mist, a lot of mist. This is definitely the first strange thing that you can see from almost 1/2 mile away. And the more you are getting closer and the more you hear also the roar of the falls. And of course there is a reason. The 2,500,000+ liters of water that every second (!) are dropping here. Is the horseshoe of the Niagara falls ...but there are also the American Falls. Here are some pictures ...... definitely a nice and misty day. But it was worthwhile. I am a little bit sorry that I didn't go to the Canadian side because of my VISA bureaucratic problems. But I think I got lucky enough to get here. And Tina was here as well for the weekend. The canadian side would have been just the ice on a perfect cake ... I will eat it some other time ... :D

4 comments:

deathsweep said...

I know when I went to the falls as a young kid with my parents when it started getting dark they illuminated the falls with different colored lights. I thought it really neat to see all the floating colors of the mist. I was wondering if they still did it; brought back some nice memories this morning.:)

DS

Andrea said...

One of these nites I will try to go there and take some pictures for you ... XA

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am glad you and Tina had a good time! You can go back again after your get your greencard/visa stuff fixed!

deathsweep said...

Thanks Andrea that would be great!
I see Buffalo is next on the hit parade. BRRRRRRRR - no snow now I'm sure.

DS

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */