Monday, June 04, 2007

MY WORST ENEMY

"A man must learn to forgive himself". I read this quote the other day. I thought about it. And I loved it. I think it is sooooo right. And it reminded me of a book. Few years ago I read this book by the title "Your worst Enemy" (or something like this). The message of the book was very simple. Each of us is the worst enemy of himself. It is true for me that I am writing. And I am pretty sure it true for you that are reading. And it is the same for basically all the people that I know. That book really made a difference in my life. Try to think about it. Can you find a person who is creating to you as many problems as you do? Is there a person that can dislike you as much as you do? Is there a person who doesn't believe in you as much as you do? Whenever I am in trouble I ask to myself these questions. And the answer is always no. My life is in my hands. And as soon I realize that, I manage to relax. And I understand that the only thing that I need to do is to accept my limits, love myself and continue. It is not simple, though. One of the most difficult things to do is to forgive ourselves. But we need to do it. A man must accept himself or even better, a man must learn to forgive himself. I think this quote will help me to be a better person. Sometimes life makes more sense if you read through a smart quote ... :D

3 comments:

TiNa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TiNa said...

I believe in making mistakes ’cos it is the only way that we learn in this world... Past actions are part of my growing humanity and that even when I fail; every single moment can be lived anew. Refusing to forgive your self only keeps you from experiencing that newness of life. Happiness is a choice & it comes from within. I believe that we can only be truly happy if we are happy with ourselves. In my life, I always pray to live the next moment as if it were my first—for indeed it is. ~XONN :)

Anonymous said...

ciao andre!
i like your words, i agrre with you, but sometimes it so hard to forgive ourself!! but at a certain point we have to do that , to turn " a new page"...
ale

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */