Monday, June 18, 2007

BUFFALO DOWNTOWN

A nice surprise. Buffalo, NY is not only the Niagara falls. Of course the Niagara falls are just great, amazing, almost unique. But there is something more than that. Downtown, for example, is not bad at all. During the weekend Tina & I got my old "USA Rough Guide" (not a Lonely Planet, for a change) and we wander around downtown like two lost but hopeful tourists and we found lots of buildings that deserved a tour. And we were not scared to walk around downtown. I am not really sure if it is true, but I read somewhere that Buffalo is one of the safest cities in US. For what I have seen, it can be true.

... amazing apartment and office buildings. I like very geometric architecture, and I loved these two buildings. Aren't they just so functional and elegant? I love them ...A very unique building in Buffalo downtown is the city hall. A very impressive building. Apparently it is the tallest City Hall in US and there is a gorgeous view from the top terrace. We visited it on Sunday and it was closed. So these are the only pics I can share with you, from the curb ...So my suggestion is. If you will go to visit the Niagara falls, don't miss a tour of Buffalo downtown.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */