Sunday, June 10, 2007

The BEST PART of a MUSEUM

So. Here something more about LA downtown. LA downtown is not only a set of skyscrapers waiting for the "Big One". There is something else that is waiting for it. Some good piece of art. One of the best is probably the MOCA (museum of contemporary art) ...... and its entrance seems to be already hit pretty badly by an earthquake, unless you assume that this is an intentional work of an artist. When I introduce this piece of art to my friends, I use to say that this is dedicated to September 11, and I have to say that most of them believe it ...But my favorite part of the MOCA, and as a matter of fact of all the museums I have visited, is its shop. Definitely the best, because it is not boring, and it has definitely a lot of surprises. Here is Tina testing a new headset for her phone ...... she didn't buy it, only because she didn't like the colour, she was looking for something green. And this is definitely my favorite section of the store. Every time I come here I spend most of my time wondering who is the genius who invented these kits in a bag. You can find anything. From "Is your grandfather a fugitive War Criminal" to "Enjoy Foreign films" to the one I need so badly "Be a professional photographer(or just look like one)". If you have 5 minutes enjoy the ones on the picture ...... yes, it is definitely easier to understand this type of art, rather than the one in the museums itslef ... not sure why, though ... :O

1 comment:

deathsweep said...

I knew you'd still be showing LA and am glad I came by to see again...I'll be back

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */