Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MODERN ART in BUFFALO

Albright-Knox. Sounds like the name of a Las Vegas boxing fight. But it is no. It is the name of the Buffalo Art Gallery. Apparently it is one of the best US collections of modern and contemporary art. Honestly I didn't know, before I read about it in my travel guide. So we went to visit it on Sunday. And we really like it. Probably not the best I have seen around. But still not bad. There are a lot of nice works. Nice portraits (the guy in the painting is the former Japanese Emperor Hirohito) ...... and other paintings which have definitely something to say. I guess, the interpretation is always the most interesting thing when you look at modern art You can read whatever you want. Everytime the painting is different ...If I have to can find something disappointing in the museum is definitely the structure itslef. I think the space organization of this museums is not the right one to expose the usual big pieces of modern and contemporary art. There are a lot of long corridors here. Nice to see, but good only for paintings ...But they managed to have some interesting pieces also here. They put them in the garden and on the walls of the stairs ...What else? I love modern art, even if I am not an expert at all. I think it gives so much to think. It releases a lot of positive energy, at least in me.

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */