Monday, December 18, 2006

GETTING INTO CHARACTER

... did you ever have this strange schizophrenic feeling ... before start doing something new ... that you don't really want to do it ... but at the same time ... you feel that you really want to do it? This is exactly what happens to me every time I need to decide if I want to go to run or not ... it is always difficult to leave the comfortable couch ... and go to run for whatever it is ... half hour ... 1 hour ... 2 hours ... and there ... something happens in my head .... what really helps me ... is to think about the cloths I will wear ... my comfortable socks ... my silver sneakers ... my light running shorts with the small pocket for the house key ... my black ad warm shirt ... my stopwatch ... is what I call ... getting into character ... so tonight ... after my 3/4 hour run ... and before taking the shower ... I liked the light in my room and ... I decided to take a self portrait ... and here it is ... and I really liked it ... because ... it makes me feel like I am really a runner ... which is ... in a way ... confirming a funny theory that I rad on a book ... the author was basically saying that you do better the job you do ... if you get the right cloths. He was saying ... that even if you are working from home ... you should dress up like if you go to the office, or if you meet your customer ... I am not sure if it true ... but I guess it is ... at least for me it works ... when I am doing sports ... but I don't think I will wear my slacks tomorrow while I will be working from home ... :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this I realize how very much alike we are Andrea.

Same for me. Definately feel better about yourself & glad afterward. :)

Anonymous said...

...mmmm...interesting theory....

...I do not know exaclty the importance of this thing for a man.... but for a woman ....I can grant you....this could be a crucial point ;) ....

.... bye byeeeee

ps .....also interesting your post on the palm reading :).... I also did it some days ago :)

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */