Sunday, October 29, 2006

VALPARAISO, Chile

... more touristics things for me in Chile ... after ISLA NEGRA I did visit also VALPARAISO (VALPO for the locals) ... a nice town on the coast north of Santiago ... the LONELY PLANET goes a little bit further defining it ... the most unique city and one of the most unusual in all Latin America ... mmmm ... I don't know enough to confirm it ... but the fact that in 1997 it has been listed in the UNESCO heritage site list ... means something ... ayways it was really a nice visit ... the architecture is definitely unique ...

... the city is also full of nice murales ... really really colorful ... definitely ... something that can cheer you up ...

... and the views from the hills is really nice as well ... definitely ... if you come to Chile ... stop here for half a day ... or even more ... I am pretty sure you will like it ...

... and you won't need any car to go around ... the public transportation offers really a good mix ... of cable cars amd funical elevators ... probably not the cleanest ever ... but definitely not even that dirty ... really nice indeed ...

... just an advice ... watch out for your belongings ... in half a day ... I was witness of 2 pickpocketing ... an old man was stolen of his wallet and a guy was stolen of his camera ... the second thief ... a youngster... clearly pointed at me ... meaning did stand up when he saw me coming in his direction and followed me for few seconds and when I looked at him he basically turned in an other road ... just five minutes before he found an easier target ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very pretty... but be careful!!
I know you will...

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */