Monday, October 02, 2006

DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?!?

... now ... be sure to have your loudspeakers on ... so ... this is dedicated to all my German friends around the world ... I love you all ...
... and of course it is dedicated also to all the people who is struggling with the English ... and to myself ... who after 4 years living in this country ... I don't know yet the difference between a MATCH and a GAME ... so ... the story goes like this ... Sunday I am on the porch chit chating with Leif and Yann ... Jason is inside with a group of friends watching football (i.e. American Football) on TV ... he steps out of the house to smoke a cigarette ... so ... I ask him ... "How is the match?" ... he looks at me like I just asked the weirdest question ever ... "The match!?! ... What match?!?" ... I try again ... nothing ... after an other couple of useless repetitions ... he looks at me and with wide eyes open tells me ... "aaaahhhh .... you mean the game!?!?!" ... of course ... the game ... fortunately for me ... I don't work neither in an airport Control Tower ... nor ... in a Coast Guard Radar Station ... ehehehe ... :O

No comments:

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */