Saturday, October 14, 2006

MILAN SIGHTSEEING

... I don't love MILAN ... I spent there 5-6 years as a university student ... and the grey colors ... the smog ... the cars parked on the pedestrian paths ... the fog ... the people always in a rush and without a smile ... made me sick ... but I have to say that visit it as a tourist isn't that bad ... of course I didn't catch this bus o visit the city ... but in a way I did really when around like a japanese tourist taking pictures ...

... but I spent half a day as a tourist ... taking pics ... and visiting churches ... there are a lot of art masterpieces in Milan ... and if you are not in a rush ... you have he chance to enjoy them ... here some of them ... Milan main attraction is the DUOMO (the dome) ...... an incredible mix of styles ... built over 5 centuries ... the result is unique ... a mix of gothic, reinassance and baroque style ... on top of that there is a the GOLDEN MADONNINA (Mary, Jesus mom) ... the tallest point in Milan ... no building is taller than that ... and and even Leonardo da Vinci ... was in a way involved in it ... because Milan doesn't have any river ... he was asked to design a network of water canals which was eventually used also to move to Milan the white marble necessary to build the dome ... if you have the chance go to visit it now ... they are in the last phases of its renovation ... and the white marble cleaned is simply wonderful ... and you can also visit the church rooftop ... which is pretty cool ... especially in a day with blue sky ... here some pictures ...

... here some other random art masterpieces I had the chance to see ... I spent in Milan only half a day ... but I have to say ... that this time I liked it ... I hope you will have as well the chance to visit it ... but don't spend in Milan more than 1 day ... go to BERGAMO ... my city ... it is only 25 miles away ... and to me it is much more pretty ... ehehe ... :o ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice... Wasn't able to go inside the Duomo ...but wanted to... hopefully next time

In agreement, Liked Bergamo more, even though I only saw the upper city.

:)

 
/* Begin GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */
/* End GOOGLE ANALYTICAL Feb.17.2009 */